Boxing gloves are needed when playing combat sports. When looking for any clothing, we need to know what we want to get the best for our needs. If you have only started liking this sport, then you will be looking for the best boxing gloves to use. It becomes confusing selecting which ones to get because there is a wide variety of styles available.
Boxing gloves come in many sizes, brands, and also prices. If you are not sure about which ones to get, whether looking for them in a brick and mortar store or online, you do not need to worry anymore. Below is an explanation of the best boxing gloves for beginners that you can choose from.
People new to this sport will want to get the best boxing gloves for beginners so that they can enjoy this sport to its fullest. When finding these gloves, you will need to consider some factors such as what training type you are pursuing, which needs the boxing gloves. Some individuals may like to get heavier gloves that have more palm protection needed for heavy bag training, whilst some other person will require boxing gloves for sparring that are extra padded. Buying boxing gloves online is not a bad idea. There is a variety present at different prices and with different designs.
Below are some of the Best Boxing Gloves for Beginners 2020 available at a reasonable cost.
Now let us look at the 10 best boxing gloves for beginners 2020
Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves
- There are many colors available. Therefore you can find yourself a good pair.
- They have a high overall rating on Amazon and other websites, i.e., 4.5 stars out of 5.
- They are available from 10 ounces to 16 ounces. Therefore many sizes can be gotten.
- Good for an overall-style training.
- Appropriate for heavy bag training, pad work, and sparring.
These points make this boxing glove be on the list of the best boxing gloves for beginners.
Ringside Apex Boxing Gloves
- They come in many colors.
- On Amazon, they have a high combined rating, i.e., 4.0 out of 5 stars.
- They have a tapered wrap-around closure that gives non-slip and secure wrist support, and the full hook plus loop closure lets you easily put them on and off within seconds.
- Are good for MMA, standard kickboxing, and Muay Thai.
- They have Stay-Dri Lining that encourages microbial protection. Ventilation holes are present in mesh palm and thumb, allowing water and sweat to dry quickly, giving the wearer full comfort.
- These boxing gloves are a bit more costly, but are good for beginners and can last for some time.
Century Strive Washable Boxing Gloves
These boxing gloves are unique as there are washable. Therefore it is easy to keep them clean. So your boxing gloves will not always be sweaty and smelly. These boxing gloves have the following features:
- Are made particularly for women who have a more tight fist.
- Good for ladies in cardio kickboxing class who wish to have clean boxing gloves.
- They are made especially for women to make their workouts better.
- All pairs are 10 ounces; this is the best size needed for cardio kickboxing type of gloves.
Venum Contender Boxing Gloves
- These are good for sparring, heavy bag training, and mitt training.
- They are serious boxing gloves that beginners can use for heavier training.
- A larger size is better for sparring and training on a heavy bag, but these boxing gloves come in sizes from 8 to 16 ounces.
- There are above 10 different colors present.
- Sanabul Essential Boxing Gloves
These are unique boxing gloves and are the best boxing gloves for beginners that want something affordable. The Sanabul Essential GEL has the following features:
They have Gel impact protection foam; the Gel Infused foam gives much protection and also a softness to aid in stopping the hands getting injured whilst training.
- This formula is unique for boxing gloves.
- Beginners will find these gloves good.
- They are not very expensive.
- Good for beginner kickboxers, Muay Thai fighter, and Boxers.
- Sanabul manufactures quality combat gear.
Venum Elite Boxing Gloves
The Venum Elite Boxing Gloves are regarded as the best which Venum has to give. They are the most stylish and in the list of the best boxing gloves for beginners. This is because:
● They come in more than 20 professional designs, making them very elegant.
● Beginners wanting to pursue boxing and kickboxing will like these gloves.
● These are good gloves for fighters.
Everlast Pro Style Boxing Gloves
These are an amazing pair of boxing gloves for beginners. They are iconic with boxing. Below are exciting features of these boxing gloves:
● Everlast is an established brand that sells quality boxing gloves.
● These boxing gloves have mesh panels that let the hands remain cool.
● Antimicrobial treatment stops offensive odors from spoiling the gloves allowing them to stay smelling fresh.
Title Boxing Pro Style Gloves
This original beginner boxing glove, i.e., the title boxing pro style training gloves tend to be good for beginners that want to develop their game in boxing. They are:
● Really comfortable having wonderful padding
● Have a traditional style
● Four colors are present to select from
Fairtex Boxing Gloves
This brand, i.e., Fairtex, sells quality boxing gloves. If you are searching for the best boxing gloves for beginners, i.e., those starting training Muay Thai, then these gloves have the below good points:
● They have a new design of padding as well as of pattern, which allows the weight to be really consistent and right.
● They are made using “Micro Fiber” that lets them have an odorless material, which is endurable, flexible, smooth as well as soft.
● They are handmade in Thailand.
● They have wonderful wrist support.
● Fairtex produces quality boxing gloves for Muay Thai and Boxing.
Twins Special Boxing Gloves
The Twins Special Boxing Gloves are quality gloves which makes them one of the best boxing gloves for beginners. They are made in Thailand as well. Muay Thai fighters have experience with these gloves. These boxing gloves are useful because:
● They have been developed across the years, allowing them to be perfect.
● Good hand and wrist support are present with them.
● They have more padding enabling the partner to be kept safe when sparring is occurring.
● Good for sparring and also overall use.
Some Points to Consider Before Going Out To Buy Boxing Gloves 2020
Before going on to the best boxing gloves for beginners, below are some things you should do before buying these. It is better that you spend time researching for suitable boxing gloves so that you do not buy the wrong ones. You need to get ones that are of the correct size, made with quality material, and are perfect for what you intend to use them for. It is necessary to get gloves that are comfortable and fit well on your hands.
Getting the Correct Size
When it comes to boxing gloves, you need to find the correct size. If the size of your gloves is not right, then you will feel uncomfortable using them. You will not be able to enjoy this combat sport to its fullest. Therefore you need to know how to measure yourself to get the right size. The appropriate boxing glove size that a beginner will need, is often determined according to what that fighter is training for. Boxing glove sizes that, are generally found include 8 oz, 10 oz, 14 oz, and 16 oz. These are the most common ones.
The glove weight is vital as it should fit properly with your selected training method. Professional boxers usually train using heavier gloves as their hands can be faster with these on fight night. You can try on the boxing glove before buying it to see if it works for you.
The heavier gloves, like 14 and 16 oz, are such that they have more padding giving you enhanced hand protection. Larger gloves can be beneficial when hitting training aids such as the heavy bag and mitts. Sparring is also advised in larger gloves as it is safer than in smaller gloves. It is more possible to knock someone out and get knocked out yourself if you are using some lighter gloves. The lighter gloves, like 10 or 12 oz, get often used when in competition.
You want to look for gloves that fit comfortably and snugly. The fingertips must reach the top of the gloves. Your hand must be able to relaxingly make a fist when you have the boxing gloves on. If you are using hand wraps, then the glove should be able to fit the hand wraps as well. When looking for boxing gloves, if hand wraps are not available with you, simply put a roll of quarters within the palm then wear the gloves.
Beginners should look for the following in boxing gloves 2020
If you have searched online, you will have seen that there is a huge variety of boxing gloves that are said to be for beginners, but you need to be very careful when looking for gloves online. Most of us may like to have flashy gloves that they will overpay for these. This is not a good idea. You may feel like you really enjoy Boxing or Muay Thai that you do not care if you spend extra to get boxing gloves for these.
Try and consider the below points:
Remain under $100 range
- Are the gloves available in your size?
- Material is important to look at
- Do you want boxing gloves which are hook & loop or lace up?
These are things you should think about before buying gloves online.
Measuring your hands
You may be wondering how to measure the hands to know what size to get. Hand Circumference gets measured in inches. This is done without hand wraps on. Gloves required for sparring should be sized up so that safety can be achieved. You can sit at home and search online for boxing gloves; there is more choice present to choose from.
Different glove types are present each having its own purpose. It is important to know which glove-type you require so that you do not waste money. Below are some tips that you can look at when selecting the best kind for your requirements.
- Martial arts require more flexible along with lighter gloves (MMA competition tends to be 4oz open-fingered gloves employed for grappling)
- Buy thicker padded gloves when hitting heavy bags and mitts (those that are 16 oz and higher)
- For training and sparring get heavier gloves (those that are 14 oz and more)
- Get lighter gloves when competing in the ring (10 oz and less)
- When unsure about competing forgetting all-purpose training gloves
All-purpose training gloves are the best boxing gloves for beginners as you probably will not be competing immediately. Get boxing gloves which you can wear with your hand wraps on and these should also feel comfortable whilst wearing them. It is important that the hands should not hurt when punching. Hand wraps need to be always worn if hitting mitts and a heavy bag. Boxing gloves like some other gloves do have a break-in period therefore if they feel stiff initially, give them some weeks to get used to your hand.
A Final Note on Best Boxing Gloves for Beginners 2020
We hope that the above information has helped you find the best boxing gloves for your situation. There are many different gloves to select from, and it does become tough finding the perfect ones. Be sure to know what you need them for and choose the best boxing gloves for beginners that will help you out.